If you LOVE nachos, be sure to try this recipe!!!
- 16 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 15 ounce can refried beans
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Additional Topping Ideas:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/3 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced or pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in ground beef. Use a spoon to break up the meat and cook 8 to 10 minutes until beef is fully cooked through. Drain excess grease. Add in taco seasoning, stir, and cook 60-90 seconds.
Pour in water and add in refried beans. Stir to combine and cook until heated through. Keep warm.
Spread chips out onto a baking sheet (or other desired oven-safe baking dish including a 9x13 pan, cast iron skillet, or even a pie plate).
Sprinkle 2 cups of the cheese over the chips. Dot with the beef and bean mixture. Top with remaining 2 cups of cheese.
Bake in the 350 degree oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until cheese is fully melted.
Remove from heat and add additional toppings as desired. Serve warm.
Homemade Taco Seasoning:
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper